Thursday, February 21, 2008

May Issue: A Pro-Life Story

In the May issue of Canticle, Kate Wicker paints a vivid picture of Diane Tandy, a pro-life midwife who saves the life of a preborn child and the child's mother every single day. When asked how she manages to get these women to change their minds, Diane says:

“We all tend to want to walk in and flood these women with our knowledge and our enthusiasm, but the bottom line is, you have to wait and listen,” she says. “Each of these girls has unique problems and a unique trigger point that will make them go from thinking about abortion to ‘I can do this.’ I wait and listen and then put my arms around them and convince them that they’re going to be okay. Honestly, I never know what to say. It’s never me. It’s the Holy Spirit working through me.”

To order your trial subscription (first issue is FREE), call 800-558-5452.

No comments: