Sunday, May 11, 2008

Too Tired to Write? Don't forget to journal!


Today at Storycrafters I have a guest post about my experiences as a new mother. Even when I was bleary eyed, I took time every few days to put down a few thoughts. Now those mommy journals are indispensable.

I've noticed some moms, like Kate Wicker, who manage to combine journaling and blogging. More power to them. I think when I was in the early throes of motherhood, I would have been too embarrassed for the entire world to see my incoherent babblings. But Kate is a natural.

Anyway... If you need some encouragement this week to keep up with the "writing thing," stop by and check out my guest post! Blessings-- Heidi

2 comments:

Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur said...

I couldn't agree more. The journals I kept when my son David was a baby led to my writing "Letters to Mary from a Young Mother" which was the beginning of this wonderful writing journey I have been on.

I strongly encourage journaling. It helps you reflect and provides perspective and is wonderful to go back to a few years later!

Kate Wicker said...

Heidi, you are always so kind to me and I'm so thankful people like you can overlook my tired ramblings (and occasional typos or complete mommy brain moments when readers must be asking, "What in the world was she thinking?" Want to know the truth? I wasn't thinking. That's the problem).

At any rate, you have been such a gift in my life and I can't wait to meet you in Atlanta.

God bless.