Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Canticle: Spend Your Mother's Day with Us!


Yesterday I was talking with Rita, the VP of Operations at LHLA. Long story short, it seems that our subscriber rate is not growing as we had hoped. Although there are no plans to discontinue Canticle, it is heavily subsidized by other parts of the apostolate. This means there isn't money for extras like beautiful artwork, or paying authors at rates comparable to what other magazines pay. (Yes, we will continue to pay our authors.)

Although I was initially discouraged to get this report, I've decided to regard it as a "faith challenge." You see, I believe that Canticle is an important evangelism tool, by its mission to draw readers to a deeper understanding of both the Catholic faith and their calling as women. And so, believing that God wants the magazine in as many hands as possible ... I've asked Him to bring in 100 new subscribers in the next month. That is my prayer ... and I ask that you make it yours, too.

Will you help me with this intention? You can do this three ways:

1. Pray with me. Ask God to move people's hearts and open wide their purses.

2. Promote with me. If you've been blessed by Canticle, either as a reader or as a contributer, please join me in spreading the good news about this one-of-a-kind Catholic women's magazine. Need ideas? Check this out! Thank you, Donna!
3. Pledge with me. If you have thought about getting a subscription for yourself ... or know another woman who would benefit, please see this as your opportunity to ACT. A subscription makes a great Mother's Day gift! All you have to do is click here. Please mention code SC07 to let them know you are subscribing as a result of this post.

Thanks for standing with me in this endeavor.

Warmly,

Heidi



2 comments:

elena maria vidal said...

I am out of town this week, Heidi, but I am praying and encouraging people to subscribe to this wonderful publication!

Michelle Therese said...

I JUST heard of this magazine a couple of weeks ago. Maybe women aren't hearing about it and that's why they aren't subscribing? I hope the word gets out like wildfire - we Catholic women need good magazines!
GOD BLESS!!
-Michelle Therese