Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

It has been a busy week. We just got back from Philadelphia (we took in the King Tut exhibit, which fascinated Christopher -- he had studied about King Tut in school this year). My favorite part of the trip was getting a chance to meet Elena Maria Vidal (Mary-Eileen Russell), who invited us to her home for a truly delightful afternoon of barbecue and conversation. It was fun watching Sarah and Ellie play together.

On Sunday I leave for Alabama, where I will be at EWTN taping two shows with Johnnette, one on my upcoming book "Raising Up Mommy," and one to promote Canticle. I'm not sure yet when the show is going to run ... I'll keep you posted.

Finally, I'd like to alert you to a special post I wrote today in honor of our country's birthday, and especially to honor my nephew Ryan, who left this week to start basic training in artillary. He graduated from high school just last week, and it is hard to imagine him holding a gun. Please pray with me, that he will come through this experience physically and spiritually unscathed.

2 comments:

elena maria vidal said...

Heidi, it was so lovely meeting you and your family. We had a delightful afternoon. Glad you are home safely. I am looking forward to seeing you on EWTN.

Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle said...

God bless you on your trip to Alabama, Heidi. I'll look forward to seeing the shows on EWTN. Please post the dates and times so we will all know when you'll be on. Congratulations on your upcoming book!!

God bless,
Donna